Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Back in the Saddle

Jury duty has put me behind schedule for the February issue of Happenstance. I'm grateful for all the submissions I've received. Contributing writers strengthen content and broaden readership. In the February issue look for articles about Gretchen Bush, entrepreneur Tracy Prieskorn, artitst Kristine Klaiber, and the El Zocalo trading card event, plus articles by Cindy Charlton, Kayt Peck, and Robert Gallegos. Publication date Feb. 7.

I'm writing more than the usual number of articles this month and I've enjoyed every minute of it. In the midst of all that I prepped my latest novel for entry in the Create Space annual Breakthrough Novel contest. It's three rounds of judging with an enormous possibility of being eliminated in the first round. If the 300-word pitch doesn't grab the judges, you're out. Wish me luck! I'm confident Tiger Lilly is a worthy contender for the $15,000 prize. Anyone else who is interested in the contest may find out more at www.createspace.com. The deadline for first round entries is Feb. 6. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment