Sunday, February 13, 2011

Scammed! Hacked! Grrrr...!

It's happened again. My e-mail list was snagged! I hate this. I was having a perfectly wonderful day when I opened my hotmail account to discover I had a slug of e-mails. During the week that's pretty common; on the weekend, not so much. These were all notifications that my "mail would be sent later" as my sending limit had been reached! I couldn't even e-mail everyone and say, "Don't Open That!" because, well, my sending limit had been reached because some slug was using my account to send his junk e-mails.

I did the next best thing and put out an alert on facebook, but really, people don't check their facebook page that often, so when will they see that message among all the other messages posted?

Arrrrggghhh!

I've changed my password, but that doesn't mean it won't happen again.

The Internet is an interesting foray into a world one truly does not understand. You try to protect yourself, but in the end you want to make life easy so you end up keeping the same password or creating easy-peasy passwords you won't forget. That's why changing your password regularly is important, something you should probably do every month or so. Too inconvenient? How would you like to find out you are the author of an ad you had nothing to do with? What really frosts my cookies is that now folks will be leery of anything they get from me for a while.

I guess I'll catalogue this under, "That's life," and roll with it, but it sure does bug me!

Smile, it takes the edge off life's little surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment